Prazitel Plus XL Worming Tablets for Large Dogs
Prazitel Plus XL Worming Tablets for Dogs
Prazitel Plus XL Tablets for Dogs are an effective multi-wormer containing three different ingredients to control tapeworm, roundworms, hookworms and whipworms in dogs and puppies. A single dose is effective and should be given at a dose rate of up to 1 tablet per 35 kg bodyweight
ACTIVE SUBSTANCE(S) AND OTHER INGREDIENT(S);
1 pork flavoured tablet contains: 175 mg Praziquantel; 504 mg Pyrantel Embonate (equivalent to 175 mg pyrantel); 525 mg Febantel
In dogs: Treatment of mixed infections by nematodes and cestodes of the following species;
- Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina (adult and late immature forms).
- Hookworms:Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum (adults).
- Whipworms: Trichuris vulpis (adults).
- Cestodes:Tapeworms: Echinococcus species, (E. granulosus, E. multilocularis), Taenia species, (T. hydatigena, T. pisiformis, T. taeniformis) Dipylidium caninum (adult and immature forms).
- Do not use simultaneously with piperazine compounds as the anthelmintic effects of pyrantel and piperazine may be antagonized.
- Do not use in animals with a known sensitivity to the active ingredients or to any of the excipients.
SPECIAL STORAGE PRECAUTIONS;
- Do not use after expiry date stated on the label.
- This veterinary medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use simultaneously with piperazine compounds as the anthelmintic effects of pyrantel and piperazine may be antagonized. Concurrent use with other cholinergic compounds can lead to toxicity.
Tapeworm infestation is certain to re-occur unless control of intermediate hosts such as fleas, mice etc. is undertaken.
Tapeworm infestation is unlikely in pups less than 6 weeks of age.
Teratogenic effects attributed to high doses of febantel have been reported in sheep and rats. No studies have been performed in dogs during early pregnancy. Use of the product during pregnancy should be in accordance with a benefit risk assessment by the responsible veterinarian. It is recommended that the product is not used in dogs during the first 4 weeks of pregnancy. Do not exceed the stated dose when treating pregnant bitches.
Parasite resistance to any particular class of anthelmintic may develop following frequent, repeated use of an anthelmintic of that class.
- In case of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice and show the package leaflet to the physician.
- In the interests of good hygiene, persons administering the tablets directly to a dog or adding them to the dog’s food should wash their hands afterwards.
- For animal treatment only.
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS FOR THE DISPOSAL OF UNUSEDPRODUCT OR WASTE MATERIAL;
Dispose of any unused product and empty containers in accordance with guidance from your national/local waste regulation authority.
DOSAGE AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION;
For oral administration.
The tablets can be given directly to the dog or disguised in food. No starvation is needed before, or after, treatment.
If there is a risk for re-infestation, the advice of a veterinarian should be sought regarding the need for and the frequency of repeat administration. To ensure administration of a correct dose, body weight should be determined as accurately as possible
Discard any unused divided tablets.
Dosage Guide* ; Weigh animals before treatment.
17.5 kg ½ XL tablet
31 – 35 kg 1 XL tablet
36 – 40 kg 1 XL tablet + ½ Prazitel Plus tablet (= for 10 kg bodyweight)