Virbac Equimax wormer Tabs 800 kg
Equimax Tabs contain ivermectin for routine worm control and praziquantel one of the world’s most effective tapeworm treatments. Ideally Equimax should be used at the beginning and end of the grazing season to provide maximum control against roundworms, tapeworms and bots in the spring and autumn ensuring your horse starts and ends the year as free as possible from worm infection.
- The product can be used safely in stallions.
- Can be used during pregnancy and lactation
1 tablet of 3300 mg contains 20 mg ivermectin and 150 mg praziquantel
Content 8 tablets.
Contra-indications, warnings, etc;
- Do not use in foals under 2 weeks of age.
- Do not use in mares from which milk is taken for human consumption. Withdrawal period(s) Meat and offal: 35 days.
- Do not use in horses known to be hypersensitive to the active ingredients or any of the other ingredients.
Special warnings for target species
- Care should be taken to avoid the following practices because they increase the risk of development of resistance and could ultimately result in ineffective therapy: too frequent and repeated use of anthelmintics from the same class over an extended period of time, underdosing, which may be due to underestimation of body weight, misadministration of the product, or lack of calibration of the dosing device (if any).
- Suspected clinical cases of resistance to anthelmintics should be further investigated using appropriate tests (e.g. Faecal Egg Count Reduction Test). Where the results of the test(s) strongly suggest resistance to a particular anthelmintic, an anthelmintic belonging to another pharmacological class and having a different mode of action should be used.
Special precautions for use in animals;
- Ivermectins may not be well tolerated in all non target species. Cases of intolerance are reported in dogs, especially Collies, Old English Sheepdogs and related breeds or crosses, and also in turtles and tortoises.
- Dogs and cats should not be allowed to ingest spilled tablets or have access to used packaging due to the potential for adverse effects related to ivermectin toxicity.
- Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals
- Wash hands after use. Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of eye irritation, seek medical attention. Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling this product. Keep out of the reach of children. In the event of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice and show the leaflet to the physician so that he knows what you have taken.
- Colic, diarrhoea and anorexia have been reported in very rare occasions post treatment, in particular when there is heavy worm burden. In very rare occasions, allergic reactions such as hypersalivation, lingual oedema and urticaria, tachycardia, congested mucus membranes, and subcutaneous oedema have been reported following treatment with the product.
- Horses may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 35 days from the last treatment. Not to be used in horses producing milk for human consumption.
- Any unused veterinary medicinal product or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal products should be disposed of in accordance with national requirements. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO FISH AND AQUATIC LIFE. Do not contaminate surface waters or ditches with the product or used container
- For the treatment of mixed cestode, nematode and arthropod infestations, due to adult and immature roundworms, lungworms, bots and tapeworms in horses:
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Do not store above 30°C
- Shelf life of the veterinary medicinal product as packaged for sale : 18 months
- Shelf life after first opening the immediate packaging : 12 months
Prescription required product- Homeovet Vet.Practice free prescription service.
May be fed on their own like a "treat" or mixed with feed, making worming stress-free for horse and owner.
The dosage is just one tablet per 100 kg body weight.
Body weight dose
t / m 100 kg - 1 tablet
101-200 kg - 2 tablets
201-300 kg - 3 tablets
301-400 lbs - 4 tablets
401-500 kg - 5 tablets
501-600 lbs - 6 Tablets
601-700 lbs - 7 tablets
701-800 lbs - 8 tablets
Once the correct dose has been determined, it should be administered in the following way :
Present the tablet in the palm of your hand. Repeat this gesture until the complete dose has been administered. During the initial administration, the tablet can be mixed with a small amount of food or a treat, to increase the acceptance by the horse.
- Treatment for encysted redworms should be done at least once per year.
- Treatment for tapeworms should be included in the autumn and spring.
- Bot treatments should be timed for the autumn/winter
- Rotate Wormers to prevent the possibility of drug resistance forming for a particular drug group.
- Do not underdose as this can encourage resistance. Use a weight tape.